Link

CLICK ON IMAGE ABOVE FOR LATEST POST ...............................MESSIER ALBUM ...............LINKS

Thursday, August 8, 2013

M31 and the Sun

Skies haven't been cooperating for the last couple of weeks. I managed to start imaging M31, the Andromeda Galaxy. I started this project on July 4, and 1 month later have still not completed it. Here's what I have so far:
 
Luminance 10x10 minute
Red-6x10 minute
Green-5x10 minute
Blue 3x10 minute
Captured with:
QHY9M & AT65EDQ

I need to capture more frames, especially blue. I'd like to add some Ha and longer luminance subs as well. I've processed my data a bunch of times and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Maybe more data will help. Below is my "original" version, same data, different processing
 


I've processed the data I have so far about a dozen times. Here's a comparison of the different processing I used
 










Hopefully the skies clear up soon so I can finish this.

Below are several images of M31 I took in August-Dec 2011, when I started Astrophotography. They were taken with my 8" SCT & a Canon T3i.

 


 


I also managed to catch a pretty cool solar prominence with my PST & QHY5L-II on July 26. Here's the still image followed by an animation I created:
 
 

This is a 36 frame animation. Each frame was created from 14 second videos containing 500 frames stacked in Registax6. The resulting TIFF images were combined in Photoshop CS6.
Videos acquired with a Coronado PST SS & a QHY5L-II
The entire event took close to 60 minutes